Tuesday, May 27, 2008

My Favorite Quilt- Whirling Squares

After having made several quilts I had an abundance of scraps to use up. So I found this great quilt book Scrap Quilts at a used book store and found this pattern among the last few pages, sometimes you can find gold in the back. This actually looks a lot simpler then it actually is, it took me forever to figure it out at first.


This is the Awesome Quilt Book by Judy Martin


This is the pattern I hope you can see it!!


Here is the quilt top



The backing and the top


One of the Quilt blocks 7 1/2 x 7 1/2 along the binding


Another random block, they are all different.


I put polyester batting in this one which made it super snuggly, it is THE softest and most comfy quilt I have made. It is tied with varigated cream, brown and white cotton yarn. I just love this quilt. It is large enough to be a bed quilt for a double bed (I made it when we were still sleeping on a double, before we graduated to a King).

No comments: