Friday, June 6, 2008

Butterfly Garden

So I just finished another baby quilt that I have been working on for months, then when I got sick with this baby I was unable to finish piecing it together because I felt so aweful. Well two weeks ago I brought out my sewing maching and actually used it for the first time since before Christmas. I also began work on another project which I will share soon, if I get the blocks trimmed up quickly, but it is for our own newest addition, whose gender is still unknown. I suddenly realized last week that I actually never finished my third sons quilt even though they all have one (His is simply not quilted or even basted only the top is finished and now seems a little futile to finish it since he is already 15 months old!) But this pattern is from a WONDERFUL book called Stack a New Deck. I LOVE this book it is sooooo imaginative and quick and fun. I made curtains for the boys room from a pattern in this book, which I must document when we get them rehung from their latest washing.

This pattern is one I have made twice because I like it so much, the original was a larger lap quilt for a wonderful woman, but I loved it so much that I had to make a second one for a baby. I used several fat quarters and then looked in my stash to add the backing and the border. I think it came out beautifully! It is hand quilted, which has become very soothing for my uncomfortable joints lately. I hope you enjoy looking at this one as much as I do!!


I just think this is so pretty!


Makes me wish I had a little girl to do girly things for!


The backing is covered with butterflies


Just a peek, okay so this is all me, not really for any edification I just liked it!


The tag.

No comments: